Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) is now allowing users to book Indian Railways ticket without paying anything. Yes, you read that right, but you will have to pay for the railway ticket later. IRCTC has introduced a new policy, which is called ‘Book Now, Pay Later’ service.
The “ePay later” service will be available for both the reserved ticket and tatkal tickets, said IRCTC. This option will be especially beneficial as customers won’t have to go through any delay or payment gateway failures while buying tatkal tickets.
Here's how you can book ticket using "ePay Later" option
1) Log in to IRCTC account
2) Enter journey details to book your ticket.
3) On the payment page, there will be an option of choosing ‘Pay Later’ option.
4) If you click on the ‘Pay Later’ option, you will be redirected to the ePayLater.
5) You need to log in to ePay Later website using your registered mobile number.
6) You will receive an OTP to your registered mobile number. Your log in will be successful once you enter the OTP.
7) You have to confirm your booking amount and ticket will be booked.
As per the e-Pay Later website, users will have a period of 14 days from the date of your transaction to settle your payment with us. “Without having to pay at the time of booking or any hassle of punching in lengthy bank details your IRCTC