WhatsApp is a famous phone app that sends messages over the net as opposed to via SMS. It’s available for each Android and iPhone, and you may also down load WhatsApp’s laptop app or access WhatsApp from your browser.
WhatsApp is designed for phones, so the internet and laptop apps are meant to paintings with your cell app, now not update it. You can ship messages through WhatsApp in your browser or for your computing device, but you may handiest make calls on cell. To use WhatsApp in browser or on your computer, you will need to have WhatsApp hooked up for your smartphone and already have an account set up. You’ll then have to join the net and computing device apps to WhatsApp for your cellphone. Your phone needs a working net connection with the intention to use the net and computing device apps and sync your messages across devices. The final element to be aware of is you can most effective be signed into one browser or computing device app at a time.
To get entry to WhatsApp out of your browser Go to web.whatsapp.com
- To stay signed in, make sure the field in the lower-right-hand corner subsequent to “Keep me signed in” is checked
- Open the WhatsApp app on your smartphone
- Tap “Settings” inside the bottom-proper-hand corner of your screen in the mobile app if you’re on an iPhone. If you’re using Android, click on the three dots in the top-right corner.
- Then tap “WhatsApp Web” or “WhatsApp Web/Desktop” in your smartphone’s app
- Scroll down and click “Scan QR Code”
- Use your cellphone to test the QR code at the webpage. Try to middle the code on the screen.
- The code will day trip after a little whilst, but you may click on the inexperienced button with an arrow in it on the proper-hand aspect to load the code again.
To set up the computer app
- Go to WhatsApp’s download page and down load the app by clicking on the button on your device.
- The download links for the laptop app can be on the right-hand aspect.
Open the download. This will take a little while to install.
- If you’re on a Mac, a window will pop up. Drag the WhatsApp icon in that window into the icon for the Applications folder in the identical window.
- Double-click on the Applications folder in that window
- A second window will pop up with different packages in it. Click on the icon for WhatsApp within the application window.
A window will pop up asking you to verify that you want to open the app.
- Click “Open.”
If you’re on a Windows device, opening the download will mechanically open the app, skipping the Mac installation steps.
- Once the app opens, you’ll be informed to follow the equal steps used to connect to WhatsApp for web browsers. Start by beginning up WhatsApp on your smartphone. As with the browser version, the field next to “Keep me signed in” is robotically selected, but you could pick out to un-check it.
- Click “Settings” inside the bottom-proper nook of your smartphone display screen if you’re the use of an iPhone, or click the 3 dots within the top-right nook if you’re on Android.
- Tap “WhatsApp Web” or “WhatsApp Web/Desktop” on your smartphone.
- Then click “Scan QR Code”
Scan the code within the computing device app the usage of your smartphone to connect the 2 apps