If you need to reduce the report size of a Microsoft Word file to more easily share it or store disk space, compressing the photos it contains will do the trick.
Before we pass forward, notice that this selection is handiest to be had on computer variations of Office.
Compress Images in Word on Windows
- On a Windows machine, open the Microsoft Word report that contains the photos you need to compress, after which pick out a photo.
- A selected photo in a Word document.
- Navigate to the “Picture Format” tab. In the “Adjust” group, click “Compress Pictures.”
- Click “Compress Pictures” in Word.
- In the window that appears, you may pick out whether or not you need the compression to use handiest to the photo you chose image under “Compression Options.”
- If you uncheck this option, Word will compress all of the photos in the report.
- Under “Resolution,” pick out the decision you need to apply, after which click “OK.”
- Select a decision, after which click “OK.”
- The photo(s) on your report will now be compressed.
Compress Images in Word on a Mac
On a Mac, open the Word report that incorporates the photos you need to compress and pick out a photo. Click “Compress Pictures” withinside the “Picture Format” tab.
- Click “Compress Pictures.”
- In the conversation field that appears, pick out the “Picture Quality” you need to apply from the drop-down menu. Then, pick out whether or not you need to use the compression to all photos withinside the report or handiest the only you chose. You also can pick out to delete previously cropped regions of photos.
After you are making your selections, click “OK.”
Select whether or not you need to use the compression to all photos withinside the report, after which click “OK.”
The photo(s) on your report will now be compressed.