Google is planning to retire the Play Music but it’s giving the customers an option to transfer their track libraries and playlists to YouTube Music. The agency has started out inviting Play Music customers to migrate to the brand new tune platform and switch their track libraries, private flavor choices, and playlists together with it.
“We want to make certain anybody has time to transfer their content and get used to YouTube Music, so we’ll provide plenty of notice beforehand of customers no longer having access to Google Play Music later this year,” YouTube said in a weblog submit on Tuesday. Google Play Music customers will soon acquire an email with detailed training on a way to transfer Google Play Music records and content material to YouTube Music.
Google Play Music is going away at the stop of the year, leaving YouTube Music as Google’s best streaming tune provider. But earlier than that happens, you’ve were given the threat to transfer over your song library, recommendations, purchased songs, and personal uploads to YouTube Music with only some taps. This will make sure that you won’t lose any content material while Google Play Music is in the end close down. The transfer procedure may be executed with an Android device, iPhone, or from the web. No depend which approach you choose, all of your stuff gets moved over in the heritage, and you’ll be capable of concentrate to YouTube Music and use the app like normal.
WITH AN ANDROID PHONE OR IPHONE
The procedure is the equal for cellular devices no matter whether you’re the use of Android or iOS.
- Make positive you’ve got the modern day model of YouTube Music hooked up from Google Play or the App Store
- Open YouTube Music. You would possibly get a pop-up advertising and marketing YouTube Music Premium. Just ignore that for now.
- On the primary domestic display, you must see a banner that says “Transfer your Play Music library.” If you head to the app’s settings, you’ll additionally notice a new “Transfer from Google Play Music” option, that is a second way of initiating the manner. If you can’t find either method, Google won’t have rolled out the switch feature in your account yet, so check back.
- Tap on “Let’s Go.” YouTube Music will then display everything which you’re approximately emigrate over from Google Play Music, including songs, albums, playlists, purchases, uploads, your personalized taste profile / recommendations, and your appreciated and disliked songs.
- Hit “Start Transfer” at the bottom, and the system will begin. (Note: by finishing this step, you’re agreeing to YouTube’s terms of provider, stored track policy, and Google’s privateness policy.) If you pick “Not Now,” you’ll return to the primary YouTube Music domestic screen, and the banner approximately moving your content material will nevertheless be there.
- Once the procedure gets underway, you’ll see a persistent “shifting your Google Play Music library” reputation bar at the top of YouTube Music. Depending on the scale of your library and how many other humans are presently doing the switch manner, the migration might be done in minutes or last up to a few days. Things like playlists and your taste alternatives will switch over almost instantly, with uploads and purchases taking the longest seeing that Google is making a direct copy of those files.
- When the switch is complete, you’ll get hold of each a notification within the app and an e-mail confirming that you’re all set
After it’s all performed, take a go searching and make certain everything effectively made the ride over. You ought to additionally now see a “continue listening from Google Play Music” row on the home display screen to make the transition a little extra seamless as you make yourself familiar with the YouTube Music app.
YouTube Music is free for customers however in case you need an ad-free model, you could go top rate for a monthly fee of Rs 99. There’s also YouTube Music Premium that charges Rs 129 per month and offers an ad-loose enjoy with heritage play and offline downloads for movies on YouTube.