There’s an option to keep your files and personal data
The most important thing to remember is that the Windows 7 to Windows 10 upgrade
Here’s how to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10:
- Back up all of your important documents, apps, and data
- Head over to Microsoft’s Windows 10 download site
- In the Create Windows 10 installation media section, select “Download tool now,” and run the app
- When prompted, choose “Upgrade this PC now.”
- You’ll then be asked whether you want to keep your personal files or start fresh. Remember: starting fresh or keeping your files still means that all apps and settings will be deleted for the Windows 10 upgrade.
- Once the upgrade is complete, you should receive a digital license for Windows 10, which can be found under Settings > Update & Security > Activation.