Aadhaar is a 12-digit unique identification number issued to the Indian Citizens by the central government. Aadhaar is governed and issued by UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India). It is designed to record and verify every resident Indian citizen’s details which include name, address, contact details, photo, and biometric details.
Aadhaar card has become one of the most crucial government identity documents for a citizen as it contains both demographic and biometric data of an individual. It is a good practise to keep any government document up- to-date and hence, if there are any changes, the same should be updated. If you need to make any changes in the Aadhar card, then it can done by through Self Service Update Portal (SSUP) or by visiting the Aadhaar Enrolment Centre located in your area.
Can I change my Photo on Aadhaar Card?
The answer to this question is yes. That is right, you can go ahead and change your photo on Aadhaar card but the problem is that you can’t change the photo through online medium. There is no provision for the same and as per one of the government source, there would be no provision created for changing the photo online as the feature could be misused or exploited by the people. So in short, you would have to visit the enrollment center or you would have to write to the UIDAI to get the photo updated on your Aadhaar Card.
There is no online process to change photo in Aadhaar card through the Self Service Update Portal (SSUP). The applicant will have to appear personally at the Aadhaar enrolment centre. Here are few steps to change photo in Aadhaar card: Visit the n…
Process to Change Photo in Aadhaar Card
If you want to change or update photo in Aadhaar Card , you need to follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Firstly, locate the nearest Aadhaar Enrolment Centre located in your area on the official UIDAI website by clicking
- Now, download the Aadhaar Enrolment Form from UIDAI’s website, or else you can get it from Aadhar Enrollment Centre
- Submit the duly filled form to the nearest aadhaar enrolment centre.
- Next, provide your biometric details to the centre executive. The centre executive will then take your live photo on the camera.
- Finally, verify all the details and pay an administrative fee of Rs. 100 plus GST to get the Aadhaar details updated.
How to Download the Updated Aadhaar Card?
Once you have applied for Aadhaar photo update, the same will be updated within 90 days. You can track the status of an Aadhaar Card update online or offline using your URN (Update Request Number).
To download your updated Aadhaar, you need to follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Firstly, visit the official Aadhaar official website by clicking on https://uidai.gov.in/.
- Now under the option ‘Get Aadhaar’, click on Download Aadhaar’.
- On the displayed page, click on the option ‘Aadhaar Number’.
- Enter the Aadhaar Number, CAPTCHA code and click on Send OTP.
Finally, enter the OTP details to download your e-Aadhar.You can also download your Aadhaar card using any of the following options mentioned below:
- Enrolment ID (EID)
- Virtual ID (VID)
- Name and Date of Birth.
- mAadhaar Mobile App
- Umang App
Details Related to Aadhar Card photo change online
There is no facility to update/change the photo in the Aadhaar card, online through the Self Service Update Portal (SSUP). You need to visit the nearest Aadhaar Enrollment centre for Aadhar Card photo change.
You don’t require any address proof or any other details for changing the photo in the Aadhaar card.
It takes around 90 days to get the photo or any other details updated in an Aadhaar card.
You can also track the status of the update on the UIDAI portal using the URN mentioned on the acknowledgement slip
Steps to Change Photo in Aadhaar Card
An individual can get his details in Aadhaar changed or updated by visiting the nearest Aadhaar Enrolment Centre. Below are the steps to be followed in order to change photo in Aadhaar card:
- Look for the nearest Aadhaar Enrolment Centre/ Aadhaar Sewa Kendra on official UIDAI website.
- You can also download the Aadhaar Enrolment Form from UIDAI’s website
Properly fill the form and take to the nearest aadhaar enrolment centre
- You will need to submit the form to the centre executive and also provide your biometric details
- To update your photo, the centre executive will take your live photo on their camera
- You will have to provide biometrics to verify and approve your details
- A administrative fee of INR 25 plus GST will need to be paid to get the Aadhaar details updated
- You can use the URN (Update request number) to check the status of the update
- You can download the updated Aadhaar card online, once the process of update is complete.