During a group call, FaceTime mechanically enlarges the window of whoever’s speaking. This means whilst you have four or more people on a call, the home windows will resize, float, and bounce around during a collection call. It can be distracting and confusing.
If you’d rather maintain all your FaceTime home windows static and the same size in the course of a call, there is quick way to do that inside the today’s iOS and iPadOS versions, in addition to the contemporary version of macOS.
These instructions are for an iPhone, however the system for the iPad must be similar. First, make sure your FaceTime app is updated by means of checking to look if you’re strolling iOS 13.five or iPadOS 13.5:
- Open settings.
- Go to “General.”
- Tap “Software Update.”
If an update is to be had, you’ll see it here. If not, your tool will inform you it’s updated.Advertisement
- General menu
Start by checking for software program updates.
- Software Update menu
If your device isn’t always up to date, you’ll have the ability to replace it here.
- Now that your software program’s updated, here’s how you could prevent the home windows from resizing.
- Open settings.
Scroll down and tap FaceTime.
- Navigate to “Automatic Prominence.”
- Toggle off “Speaking.”
- Open up FaceTime in settings.
- FaceTime settings
- Prominence,” toggle off “Speaking.”
First, ensure your Mac is running Catalina 10.15.5:
- Click at the apple icon within the left corner of the menu bar.
- Select “System Preferences.”
- Open “Software Update.”
You’ll see what macOS you’re on and if any updates are to be had here.
To alternate your FaceTime preferences:
- Open up FaceTime.
- Click on “FaceTime” inside the left side of the menu bar at the top of the screen.
- Select “Preferences” (or press ⌘ – ,).
- In the pop-up window, under “Automatic Prominence,” uncheck the box next to “Speaking.”
- FaceTime preferences
Leave the box subsequent to “Speaking” unchecked.
During the call you may double-click on a person’s window to maximize them, and this will grey out the opposite home windows, however aside from that, everyone’s home windows will continue to be static and the equal size. The corners of the windows will nevertheless overlap on both mobile and desktop.