Google collects and remembers facts approximately your interest, including your internet, search, and location records. Google now auto-deletes records for new users after 18 months, but it’ll remember history forever in case you formerly enabled this option with the default options.
As an existing user, to make Google delete your facts after 18 months, you’ll have to move into your pastime settings and exchange this option. You also can inform Google to auto-delete hobby after three months or forestall pastime series entirely.
To discover those options, head to the Activity Controls web p age and sign in together with your Google account if you aren’t already signed in. Click the “Auto-delete” choice beneath Web & App Activity.
- Enabling “Auto-delete” for Web & App Activity on a Google account.
- Select while you want to delete records—after 18 months or 3 months. Click “Next” and confirm to continue.
- Be aware: Google uses this records to customise your enjoy, such as your internet search results and recommendations. Deleting it’ll make your Google experience less “personalized.”
- Auto-deleting pastime older than three months in a Google account.
- Scroll down on the page and repeat this system for other types of records you might need to auto-delete, inclusive of Location History and YouTube History.
- Auto-delete controls for YouTube History in a Google account.
- You also can disable (“pause”) interest history collection by clicking the slider to the proper of a kind of facts. If it’s blue, it’s enabled. If it’s grayed out, it’s disabled.
- If the “Auto-delete” option for a kind of history information is grayed out, that’s due to the fact you’ve paused (disabled) series of that statistics.
Disabling Location History for a Google account.
You also can head to the My Activity web page and use the “Delete hobby with the aid of” choice in the left sidebar to manually delete diverse types of information stored for your Google account.