If you stumble upon the message that reads, “Error 0xc00007b Application Was Unable to Start Correctly” each time you want to release Black Squad, then the sport won’t be able to speak with certain files. This particular trouble is precipitated by way of some of factors, from corrupt Visual C++ Redistributable packages to damaged or incompatible DirectX components.
Since you’re right here, relaxation confident you’ll be capable of resolve the trouble after applying the fixes in this article.
How to repair the 0xc000007b error in Black Squad
The solutions under helped many players take away the error. Make positive you follow them in the order that they arranged to boost your chances of finding the right fix early enough.
Use the Launcher within the Game’s Folder
Apparently, the issue began taking place for most customers after the 64-bit patched. The recreation’s developers decided to force users to play Black Squad on 64-bit running systems handiest.
If you started experiencing the mistake after the update, then you have to visit the Binaries folder in Black Squad’s installation folder and run the Steamlauncher.Exe file. If you don’t know a way to find the folder, follow those steps:
- Launch a File Explorer window by clicking on the folder icon within the taskbar or by right-clicking the Start button and choosing File Explorer.
- You also can use the Windows + E keyboard combination to open the File Explorer window.
- After the File Explorer indicates up, visit the left aspect of the window and click on This PC.
- Next, go back to the primary web page and double-click on Local Disk C under Devices and Drives.
- After the drive appears, find Program Files (x86) folder and double-click it.
After the Program Files(x86) directory opens, go to the Steam folder.
- In the Steam folder, double-click on the Steamapps folder.
- Open the Common folder, then discover the set up folder of Black Squad and open it.
If you selected a special installation listing whilst you were installing the game, observe the steps under to find it:
- Double-click Steam’s computing device icon or click on at the app’s Start menu entry.
- After Steam opens, go to the top of the window and click on Library.
Next, discover Black Squad, proper-click it, after which click on on Properties from the context menu.
- Once you spot the Properties web page on the right, click on the Local Files tab.
- Now, click on Browse Local Files.
- After the game’s set up folder opens, visit the Binaries folder, then open the Win32 folder after that. Now, double-click at the Steamlauncher.Exe file. Once the launcher appears, run Black Squad from there.
Note that that is how you must release the game every time you want to play it.
First of all, start with updating Windows. Some of the software additives that are related to the sport’s startup is probably obsolete. These components consist of the .NET Framework, which can be up to date via Windows Update.
Normally, the Windows Update software runs inside the historical past and downloads updates once your device is connected to the Internet. In some cases, however, you’ll ought to start the procedure yourself, specifically when there’s been a failed attempt.
Follow these steps:
Launch the Settings app by going to the Start menu and clicking at the cogwheel icon beside your username. You can also launch Settings by way of tapping the Windows and I keys concurrently.
After Settings appears, visit the bottom of the web page and click on on Update & Security.
When the Update & Security interface opens, click on at the Check for Updates button beneath the Windows Update tab.
If your PC has pending updates, the utility will begin to down load them. You would possibly must click on at the Download Now button to provoke the download method.
If your computer is already up to date, it manner Windows Update has completed the update within the history. In this case, pass on to the following solution.
After the updates are downloaded, you’ll see the Restart Now button; click on on it.
Your computer will now restart and Windows will begin to deploy the updates.
Note that a couple of reboots are often a part of the installation process, so don’t panic whilst your PC reboots earlier than the set up progress receives to 100%.
Once the updates are mounted, your machine will boot up normally.
Run Black Squad and check if the problem persists.
DirectX is a pool of APIs (Application Programming Interfaces) answerable for coping with multimedia tasks, together with video and audio processing. It is critical to any game on Windows 10 and has exclusive versions. The APIs that make up DirectX encompass Direct3D, DirectSound, DirectPlay, and DirectDraw, among others.
It’s feasible that you’re currently the use of a DirectX model that is incompatible with your game. However, running the Windows Update software ought to help you download and install the contemporary version.
That said, it’s also possible that your contemporary DirectX is corrupt. Try reinstalling it, then take a look at if so that it will solve the trouble. In the case of Black Squad, you need the version 9 of DirectX. To test your present day model, follow those steps:
- Press and preserve the Windows logo key, then hit the R key to open Run. You can also right-click the Start button and click on on Run inside the Quick Access menu.
- After the Run dialog field opens, kind “dxdiag” (no quotes) into the text box and hit the Enter key.
- The DirectX Diagnostic Tool will now show up.
- You’ll find your contemporary version beneath the System Information section of the System tab.
- To down load DirectX nine, go to Microsoft’s internet site, look for the setup, after which click at the Download button. After the file is downloaded, run it.
Scan and Repair System Files
As noted above, the Error 0xc000007b in Black Squad is related to damaged or missing system files. You can strive scanning for and changing these files to restore the problem. Many game enthusiasts resolved the difficulty with the aid of doing just that.
The process is not difficult. You’ll be the usage of the System File Checker. It’s a integrated command-line tool this is designed to check protected gadget documents for integrity violations and carry out vital repairs. On Windows 10 computers, the device works with the inbox Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) device. The activity of the DISM is to provide the files needed for the restore system via Windows Update.
The steps below will show you how to run the SFC tool:
- Summon the hunt bar beside the Start button via clicking at the magnifying glass within the taskbar.
- Tapping the Windows and S keys simultaneously will also do the trick.
- After the search field appears, visit the text container and kind “command prompt.”
- Once you notice Command Prompt in the search consequences, right-click it and click on Run as Administrator.
- After the User Account Control dialog pops up, click on at the Yes button.
- Now, kind the following line into the Command Prompt once it shows as much as run the DISM tool:
DISM.Exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
DISM will now use Windows Update to down load the files required for the repair.
If you don’t have a working Internet connection or if the Windows Update patron is experiencing troubles, the process will fail.
In that case, you’ll need to use installation media along with a bootable USB or a Windows 10 installation DVD as the restore source. You also can mount an ISO document as a virtual DVD.
Once you insert the installation media, enter the following command line:
DISM.Exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:C:RepairSourceWindows /LimitAccess
You need to note that the C:RepairSourceWindows part of the command line is a placeholder for the route on your restore source. Replace it accordingly before you hit the Enter key.
Allow the command to execute efficiently earlier than you move on to the following step.
Now, type “sfc/ scannow” within the Command Prompt and hit the Enter key.
If the of entirety message that reads, “Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and correctly repaired them” suggests up, restart your PC and test for the mistake.
Reinstall the .NET Framework
The .NET Framework is a set of technology used to build programs that run on Windows and other running systems. The runtime framework for .NET is crucial to gaming as it offers the environment wanted for video games to run. The Error 0xc000007b might be showing up and stopping Black Squad from starting due to the fact your .NET Framework is problematic.
The trouble may be that your cutting-edge model is obsolete, so updating it’ll be the proper component to do. But considering you’ve updated your operating device, then that’s now not the issue.
To resolve the trouble, the ideal thing to do is reinstall the framework entirely. However, you can’t do this on a Windows 10 machine. The best route of action available to you is running the .NET Framework Repair Tool.
The tool is designed to troubleshoot troubles that are known to plague the framework and fix them automatically. Head to the Microsoft website and download it, then run it.
Install the Visual C++ Redistributable
The Visual C++ Redistributable package deal is a library of software additives that is required for sure Windows programs to run. Games are part of those programs. As it turns out, on every occasion you put in a recreation, a version of VC Redist (Visual C++ Redistributable) is mounted along it.
It’s viable that your Visual C++ Redistributable bundle is corrupt, so as to explain the mistake. To clear up the problem, on this case, reinstall it. You can visit the sport’s installation folder and run all of the setup files below the _CommonRedist folder.
Follow steps to go to the sport’s set up folder:
Launch a File Explorer window by using clicking on the folder icon inside the taskbar or through proper-clicking the Start button and selecting File Explorer. You also can use the Windows + E keyboard combo to open the File Explorer window.
- After the File Explorer indicates up, visit the left aspect of the window and click on This PC.
- Next, return to the main page and double-click Local Disk C below Devices and Drives.
- After the drive appears, locate Program Files (x86) and double-click it.
- After the Program Files(x86) listing opens, visit the Steam folder.
- In the Steam folder, double-click on the Steamapps folder.
- Open the Common folder, then discover the installation folder of Black Squad and open it.
If you selected a distinct set up directory whilst you were installing the game, observe the stairs below to locate it:
- Double-click on Steam’s computing device icon or click at the app’s Start menu entry.
- After Steam opens, go to the pinnacle of the window and click on Library.
- Next, locate Black Squad, right-click it, and then click on on Properties from the context menu.
- Once you spot the Properties web page on the proper, click on at the Local Files tab.
- Now, click on on Browse Local Files.
- After the game’s set up folder opens, visit the _CommonRedist folder, then open the Vcredist folder. Run the set up files in the folder and make certain you follow the activates appropriately. If you’re induced to uninstall the package, try this, then run the setup again to reinstall it.
A faulty difficult power is another possible reason of the error. As it turns out, you is probably dealing with horrific hard disk sectors. If those sectors incorporate important documents that the sport requires to run, you’ll see the error code.
It’s also possible that there are logical document gadget system defects in your drive, which include corrupt entries inside the master report table, horrific security descriptors, and horrific configurations (with regards to time stamps and document length information). These can motive the startup method of the sport to supply the ugly errors.
Running the CHKDSK tool is the proper path of action in this case. The device will resolve the difficult disk problems, and hopefully, eliminate the Error 0xc000007b. Many players discovered it to be the answer to their trouble.
The CHKDSK device works by going for walks checks on all your tough disk sectors and solving any problem that it finds.
If there are any awful sectors, it will restoration them, and those it may’t restoration, it’ll make certain that they’re in no way used once more.
You can run the tool through the Properties conversation of the disk you wish to check or via an admin Command Prompt window. Below, we’ll be displaying you the stairs you need to take:
- Go in your taskbar and click on on the folder icon or right-click on on the Start button and pick out File Explorer. You also can release a File Explorer window by means of double-clicking on any folder in your Desktop or by way of the usage of the Windows + E keyboard combination.
- After the File Explorer window shows up, go to the left pane and click on on This PC.
- Switch to the proper pane, locate the Local Disk C, wherein Windows is established, then proper-click it and select Properties.
- Once the Properties conversation box appears, switch over to the Tools tab, then click on Check below Error Checking.
- A dialog box will possibly seem with the message that reads:
“You don’t need to experiment this force
We haven’t discovered any errors on this drive. You can still experiment the power for errors if you need.”
- Click on Scan Drive.
The CHKDSK tool will now kick in and begin to test your force.
After the scan completes, you’ll see a dialog, displaying you the effects of the test.
To run a more superior and thorough test, you need to use an expanded Command Prompt. The following steps will show you how:
Launch the Run dialog field via proper-clicking the Start button and selecting Run from the Quick Access menu. You can also press Windows + R to summon the dialog field.
- After Run appears, type “CMD” (without the quotes) into the text field, then press Ctrl + Shift + Esc.
- Click on Yes once the User Account Control dialog asks for permission to run Command Prompt as an administrator.
- After the multiplied Command Prompt window shows up, kind the subsequent line into the black display screen and hit Enter:
chkdsk C: /f /r /x
Make sure you replace the letter “C” within the command with the drive letter of your Windows quantity.
The extra command switches do the following:
- The “/f” transfer prompts the tool to restoration any blunders that it finds for the duration of the experiment.
- The “/r” switch activates the tool to look for bad sectors and recover any readable information.
- The “/x” switch activates the device to unmount the volume earlier than it’s miles scanned.
If the message underneath shows up, then the quantity you are trying to test is presently busy. Tap the Y key if the Command Prompt asks you to agenda the scan in your next reboot:
“Chkdsk can not run because the extent is in use by using another technique. Would you like to agenda this volume to be checked the following time the system restarts? (Y/N)”
After pressing Y, reboot your PC to finish the take a look at, then try sporting out your backup and check for the error.
Rid your System of Malware
Malware contamination could also be the reason of the trouble. Some malicious packages may have tampered with certain documents for your Win32 folder.
In this case, ensure you dispose of malware or you could enjoy the trouble after replacing the affected files. Run a full-scan for your antivirus program. Follow these steps in case you use Windows Security:
- Launch the Settings app. You can click on the Start button and click on the cog icon above the Power icon or press the Windows and I keys together.
- After the Settings app suggests up, visit the last row of icons and click on Update & Security.
- Next, click on on Windows Security within the left pane of the Update & Security interface.
- Navigate to the Windows Security tab and click on Virus & Threat Protection under Protection Areas.
- After the Virus & Threat Protection interface appears, click on on Scan Options.
- Now, on the Scan Options display, click on at the Full Scan radio button, then click on on the Scan Now button.
- Allow the process to run its path, as it can take a while.
If you want a further layer of protection, we recommend which you use Auslogics Anti-Malware. The app is a able malware-removal tool that is regularly up to date with the latest virus definitions. It can work alongside Windows Security and any other principal third-celebration antivirus program.
Reinstall Black Squad
If nothing works, attempt reinstalling the sport. It’s possible that its set up folder consists of badly damaged files, and the simplest manner to resolve the trouble right here is absolutely removing the sport and reinstalling it.
Follow these steps to uninstall the game:
- Double-click on Steam’s desktop icon or click on on the app’s Start menu entry.
- After Steam opens, go to the pinnacle of the window and click on on Library.
- Next, find Black Squad, proper-click on it, and then click on on Uninstall.
- Click on Delete inside the dialog field that pops up.
- Allow Steam to uninstall the sport, then restart your gadget.
Now, ensure you delete the sport’s installation folder as there can be remnants of corrupt files. The folder have to be:
You can now open the Steam consumer and deploy the game properly.
The Black Squad “Error 0xc00007b Application Was Unable to Start Correctly” trouble ought to not come up again. If you want to keep your system firing as new, then you should install Auslogics BoostSpeed. Do no longer hesitate to use the feedback segment underneath if you want to proportion your thoughts about the mistake.